photo LeahHeader_zps80f3133d.jpg  photo homeleah2_zps7081071d.gif  photo aboutleah2_zps38f7bd0e.gif  photo contactleah2_zps4dd95f6e.gif  photo givingbackleah2_zps20ea71c0.gif  photo SHOPleah2_zpsc6630af8.gif

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

{3} on wednesday.

It's funny how one conversation, and some emails can take so much stress away from you. I'm such an introvert and a people-pleaser. I just want to make everyone happy with zero conflict. Well, in case you were born yesterday, this is impossible. haha Especially when it comes to big things like wedding plans. You guys, I'm a slow learner, but it's okay because I'm taking baby steps with the help of my Jesus.

I love this movie!! Bonus points if you can name it. :) Source: Google images.


Today I wanted to share {3} things I'm excited about / grateful for / loving at the moment:

{1} Needtobreathe's newest album "Rivers in the Wasteland"



Guys. 

I cannot say enough about how much their music means to me. I really started to love them in a dark time in my family about 3 years ago. I think my sister shared their song "Something Beautiful" with me and it's wonderful. They absolutely have true talent and I look up to them for inspiration when it comes to showing the hope of God + truly mastering your art form. I saw them live for the first time last April, and will get to see them again with my sister in August AND I CANNOT WAIT. They're talented, fun, Southern, and their genuine love of God shows. What more could you ask for? I just read an interview with them from HM Magazine online. This quote was great and really stood out to me, especially as an artist:
(HM) There was a moment after recording The Reckoning where you guys thought the band was over. What advice could you give other musicians who lose faith in what they’re doing?
(Bear from Needtobreathe)  It may be different for some bands, but I do think … the worst thing you can do is to start worrying about the outcome of what you’re doing. Somehow you’ve flipped priorities to becoming concerned with the success of what you’re doing or to how it affects people, even. We’re given certain talents, and we’re supposed to give them up, I think. We don’t own them. When we started feeling like they were ours is where things started going poorly.


You can read the rest of the interview here. That really hit me because, as Christians, we ought to recognize our talents are not for us, or for our benefit. This is a constant struggle for me, and probably deserves it's own post at some point. But I think Bear hits the nail on the head and shows that when we try to take control instead of trusting God, that's when things go haywire.

{2} These colors and textures together




I was playing around with these last night making a new pair of earrings for myself. I love turquoise + brass together. Perfect combo.


{3} Wedding Chicks
lace wrapped wedding invite
 source

If you are getting married anytime in the near future, you need to check out the Wedding Chicks website! I stumbled across it, and they have it all. It's well organized, with beautiful pictures, and chock-full (is that even a real word?) of inspiration. They have tons of DIY ideas, as well as free printables to use for your wedding (free! always good!). They even have free printable save-the-dates and invitations. Now that is cool. We most likely aren't using their free ones, since I made ours, but it's still a really cool option. They also have list of vendodrs. It just seems more personable than a site like The Knot. It definitely has more of a DIY, creative vibe than those kinds of sites, which of course, I really like.



What are {3} things you're loving / grateful for right now?? Love to hear from you! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what about bob is my number 2 movie of all time! I LOVE it!

    And- NEEDTOBREATHE is just fantastic.
    Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh so glad someone knew what movie I was talking about! I really really want to watch the movie but I don't own it...I may just have to buy it on Amazon. :) Bill Murray is hilarious. haha

      Yes, I love Needtobreathe (as you can tell)! I'd say they're playing in my car maybe 60% of the time.

      Delete